*** For CRUZE 970 specifications, accommodation and profile, see bottom of this post ***
The New Corsair CRUZE 970 (32’)
The result of a proven efficiency of the C31 and the spacious comfort on the C37!
The Cruze 970 has its root in the need to modernize the highly successful C31. Corsair built over three hundred C31s. A C31UC, even sailed around the Arctic Circle in 2010 and, in the process, became the world’s first sailing vessel to pass through the North West and North East Passages, in a single season. The C31 is a proven, tough, rugged, performer.
Nowadays, our customer ask for further comfort and amenities more in line with the Corsair 37, yet available at a smaller budget and compact size. Therefore, we took advantage of the trademarks of the C37 and incorporated some of them into a brand new concept: The Corsair Cruze 970!
The New Corsair CRUZE 970 (32’)
The Corsair CRUZE 970 retains the hallmarks of the Corsair 31: speed, performance, safety, reliability and ease of trailering. However, it also now focuses on people and families. The CRUZE 970 far more effectively accommodates for the needs of partners, guests and children on board.
The 970 is slightly longer than the C31 and the deck has been raised creating approximately 15 per cent additional space inside. Most importantly, there is full standing headroom in the saloon area.
The salon area has been given a clean, white liner finish. The galley area is larger with more drawers and storage. The forward and aft bunks are longer and wider giving passengers a more generous sleep.
A separate, fully enclosed toilet has been installed in the CRUZE 970.
The more functional cockpit has been extended and a transom mainsheet track facilitates free movement within the cockpit. The raised, side seating (which has been borrowed from the highly successful Corsair 37) increases both comfort and visibility.
In terms of sailing performance, the floats have been redesigned and increase boyancy has been added to give the CRUZE 970 greater stability and comfort for her passengers.
As always, Corsair’s exclusive and trusted folding system ensures that trailering remains easy. The retractable daggerboard and rudder continue to enable the boat to be pushed up onto the beach when enjoying cruising adventures with family and guests.
The boat includes the following features and equipment:
· Cruising Main, Jib sails & boom cover.
· Lightweight aluminium folding system
· Rotating aluminium wing mast;
Main, jib, screecher and spinnaker halyard control at the mast with clutches and Harken 35.2 winch; aluminium roller furling boom with internal outhaul and in boom hardware for jiffy or slab reefing; stainless steel forestay with Harken headsail furler & furling line and synthetic cap shrouds; 2 x Harken 40.2 self-tailing primary winches; 2 x Harken 40.2 coaming winches; rotator, daggerboard; Harken 8:1 mainsheet system with Harken Windward Sheeting Traveller Car .
· 1 x Lewmar 44 foredeck hatch; 2 x Lewmar 10 cabin top hatches; 1 x Lewmar 70 aft cabin hatch; 2 x Lewmar 30 float hatches; 3 x Lewmar opening port light aft; full set of fly screens
· Carbon fibre bow sprint with deck hardware for spinnaker and screacher control
· High aspect ratio composite daggerboard and flip up rudder foils
· Cockpit tiller arm + extension
· Tiller link accessories for outboard steering
· Anchor locker with latchable lid
· Pulpit with LED navigation lights
· Lifting eyes
· Bulkhead mounted compass
· Mast mounted VHF antenna
· Tinted polycarbonate side cabin windows and drop in companionway wash boards
· Stern rails with custom outboard seating
· Grey wing nets with hiking straps and bow nets
· Boarding ladder transom mounted and pressure cold water transom shower
· Electrical system with breaker panel and meter; 12v accessory outlet and master switch; LED navigation lighting; LED red/white lights in forward, main and aft cabins; provision for 1 x 12v battery; gas detector with safety shut off valve
· Beige interior forward and aft cabins with red cushions
· All white laminated saloon with removable timber table and second cockpit mounting
· Large galley with draws and flip out storage compartments
· Clean laminated countertops.
· Two-burner propane stove with 6lb LPG bottle
· Pressure cold water with stainless steel sink and 39 US gallon water tank
· Behind seat storage.
· Synthetic timber flooring in saloon area.
· Jabsco manual toilet in moulded area in forward cabin with privacy door
· Vanity basin and mirror with pressure cold water and lift out shower
· Storage compartments.
· Floor sump pump; self draining 15 gallon holding tank
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CORSAIR CRUZE 970 HAS REPLACED THE CORSAIR 31 IN ALL CONFIGURATIONS. EFFECTIVE FROM Q4, 2012, CORSAIR MARINE NO LONGER BUILDS THE 31CR, 31RS OR 31UC. ***
|Corsair Cruze 970 111012 Accom Plan B.pdf||110.03 KB|
|Corsair Cruze 970 181012 Profile B.pdf||18.28 KB|
|Cruz 970 Sailplan.pdf||77.61 KB|